Friday, September 7, 2007

Tales from Java

I decided to go on and create the environment for the port of SWT. I installed Java13 and Java131. Unfortunally for a strange reason the toolkit refuses to install on both distributions.

I thought I just needed the header files to make the compilation work but when I tried the ant command the system kept telling me that javac was missing. After going over the response file of the installer for the Java I realized that the toolkit included the header files AND the javac (of course... very dumb of me).

Since my attempts to make the CSD file work were futile, I decided to copy file by file from the instalation directory to their destination place. Let me say that "that sucks". I'm not finished yet but the road is clear I just have to go and do it.

I should be able to compile the project again very soon

No comments: