Tuesday, September 25, 2007

SVN stories

I was finally able to get an account in the SVN system of Netlabs and now I'll be able to commit my work to it.
Now I have new problems. I decided to download SmartSVN a Java SVN client that seemed complete and was reported to work with OS/2.
As soon as I installed I noticed that the program wouldn't read the partition were the project is at. Later I downloaded the port of svn to OS/2 and when I was ready to begin testing, my Internet connection went dead and now I have the account but no way to commit.

What can I say...?? patience, only patience.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucky for you. As soon as I try to get svn sources, the new smartsvn crashes.

LeoPino said...

In the end there was no way to connect from my house to the server. There seems to be a firewall rule that doesn't allow SVM ports.

In the end I created a project in Eclipse under Windows where I keep a copy of the project and when I need to commit I do it from the office from this copy.

It doesn't matter that it doesn't compile, I just need the tool to commit. I know it is not ideal, but it works