Friday, October 26, 2007

Lot of work and I'm stuck with TabFolder

Well, I'm stuck. After believing for a second that the C program was almost complete I realized that there was a lot of things that I was leaving out.
I came to understand (not completly) the way the messages are handle, and with it I came across a lot of code that I need to write in order to complete the C program. Specially the WM_PAINT message in the Composite class.

Each child of Control has it's own msg proc method and it implements the necessary messages through methods MRESULT WM_*whatever*(msg, mp1,mp2).

Since, until I get a better understanding of all these things I won't be able to solve the problem I have with the Notebook control (TabFolder class,,, see testcase swt009_06). I decided to go ahead and finish easier classes, like Group.

I could really get some help at this stage. I don't have enough time to investigate and to program. I can do just one thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey... you have a long way doing that, let's make something, if you have documented how to get to the stage you are in, please let us know where to get that... i am ready to start a fresh eCS install and i want to help porting both Java 6 and SWT...
Greetings
Carlos de Luna
cdelunasaenz@yahoo.com.mx

LeoPino said...

It's not really hard. First you install the IBM JDK 1.3.1. The latest one you can find (mine was from september 2006). You have to make sure you get the include directory and the javac.exe installed. I had problems with this and I ended up copying file by file.

Then you need to install VAC++ 4.0 + fixpack 1 + toolkit 4.0 or 4.5

Finally you unzip the ZIP file I' going to upload here and decompress it anywhere you like.

After that you fix some hard coded paths I still have and that's it