Friday, May 30, 2008

More menus

I started working on the accelerator tables. To my surprise, accelerators meant a lot of new code. Beginning with APIs to be implemented:

WinCreateAccelTable
WinDestroyAccelTable
WinSetAccelTable
WinTranslateAccel

Structs to be created:

ACCEL
ACCELTABLE

And then customize the existing code to work as OS/2 does.

I felt short of finishing the implementation. I still need to verify that the commands are being sent. This is because I don't even know if the normal menus are sending commands.

Then I decided to go and finish the popup menus. I discovered how ignorant I was about the subject and that the initial implementation I had made was useless. First my notion of creating and displaying the popup was totally wrong. I placed the creation of the window and the displaying under the same method.

I then learned that the displaying was done when the WM_CONTEXTMENU message was capture (this is basic for some PM knowledge, but I'm new). I implemented the method on the Control class and I was able to see the message being capture there, and then I used WinPopupMenu API to display the popup. So far no luck, I'm being helped bye some people and I hope today I will finally see the menu.

No comments: