Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Notebook fixing

After the suggestion of Martin I began to work on making an example work. I modified the SWT control example to leave out all the unimplemented classes and it did work,,,, well sort of.

I discover that my imlementation of the tabfolder class was incomplete to say the least. Actually the onky thing that did was to paint a very basic Tab. I set up to solve the problem and I did some good progress.

First I fixed the adding of new tabs issue, then I was able to color the tabs to make them look more like the rest of the platforms. I changed the testcase to include more functionality and the I found problems with the display of the controls inside the tab page.

After some tests I discover that I wasn't connecting the tab id with the window id. I realized that I'm so ignorant on some of the most basics things of PM programming. Well I guess that's the point of all this... to learn.
Probably today or tomorrow I'll finish the display issues and then I'll go into more little details.

Probably the implementations of scroll bars and menu's aren't that complete either so I'll go back and fix them as I go along.

No comments: