Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Launcher success

Yesterday I fixed the sources of the launcher2 program. First I dicovered that the library was a utility library done by the developer to simplify the development. Since adding that library was more trouble for me, I decided to replace the library with the code.

You get more lines but what the hell. After a successfukll compilation I included the ico file into the executable.

Finally I decided to go ahead and try the program. I searched the hard drive for a startup.jar file. The one that came up was one included with the sources I recieved. I moved the file into the exe directory and tested. The result... a java screen (awt I think) displaying the parameters passed onto the program and a nice message saying that everything was going OK.

I copied the original startup.jar file from the Eclipse distribution into the same directory, overwriting the one I used first to see if the results were the same.
Well the results were not the same. This time I got a message saying that the instalation directory wasn't found. A .workspace directory was created and a log file was written saying that the Eclipse structure wasn't found.

I'll experiment creating a Eclipse structure and trying then to see what happens.

The only problem that really bugs me it's the fact that I can't debug the C code under VAC++ 4.0. I'll be asking around about this.

No comments: