Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Little time

I'm picking up on the work on my RC model airplane. I have been working on it for years and from time to time I get the itch and I work on it. Besides that, I don't really do any computer work on weekends.

That said, I would say that there has been little progress on the launcher. It now shows the splash window and that's cool but as expected it fails. To test it I dowloaded the Eclipse 2.0.1 runtime for windows. After looking at the directories, I created the necessary ones following the naming convention and copying the necesary DLLs and JAR files from the port. I realized that the ant that I use doesn't create the swt.jar and in my opinion it should everytime we build the classes.

Since I'm stuck on the launcher and to be honest, I got bored, I decided that I'm going back to the Java code. Since I have no idea where to start with the Menu class, I'll just do some preparatory work, adding the constants, creating a testcase and adding the classes stubs to the project. I'll have more fun that way. At least I'm going to be feeling like I'm adding something new to the code.

I donwloaded a progress bar control that I found in a russian site, with examples. It looks cool and complete. Maybe that code can be added to the port since we don't have any progress bar code so far.

No comments: